Sunday, April 8, 2012

Personal Exodus

(Postcard along the way)
Post 241

I have literally written 15 first draft posts in the past two weeks, but each time the Lord checked me and I am not free to post it. It is my intent to maintain a clear and consistent track following the Exodus people to learn important details about our own Christian walk as instructed by I Corinthians 10:11, but I keep finding very big things that crave development and off I go on another tangent study that deviates from the singular simple path, and so this week I find myself short of a post.

So in keeping with the topic of my last post, let me share that in my personal life I feel that God has kept me in the camp at the foot of the Mountain of God for a good while now. The trip getting here was difficult and confusing and frustrating though I knew that I was being led by God and that was good enough for me. The rest here has been wonderful and the concepts I have been given while at this camp have been enormous, many of them will require significant time to properly develop into written form. I am delighted to be here receiving from the Lord his provision and rest and great detail into his word, much as the Exodus people received the law and blueprints and kingdom documents from Moses (Exodus 34:1-Numbers 10:10). But for the past few weeks, I have been getting the strong indication that God is about to break camp and lead me elsewhere in my rehab journey;

“And it came to pass on the twentieth day of the second month, in the second year, that the cloud was taken up from off the tabernacle of the testimony. And the children of Israel took their journeys out of the wilderness of Sinai; and the cloud rested in the wilderness of Paran” Numbers 10:11-12.

I really can’t be sure, and because I like it here so much, I have been appealing to God to let me stay a bit longer in hope that perhaps it wasn’t his voice I was hearing, but as the time goes on I am more convinced that this really is God and he really is planning on ending this wonderful period for me in favor of the next step in the program.

We love to think that we have the better deal in that we don’t need a cloudy pillar to lead us, we have the Holy Spirit living within us. But how confident are we of that leading and how many times have we been sure it was Him when we later discovered it was our own lust giving us the idea? The Exodus people had no such confusion; the cloud moved and they followed, the cloud set still and they made camp (Numbers 9:16-23). What we must do is learn by earnest experience to recognize his voice, and then actually respond as if we really knew we just heard from Him. This is not easy to learn, but I am sure getting more confident as the familiarity grows!

Now as much as I don’t want to leave this mountain, If God is leading the way who would want to stay behind?!    I am all about dwelling in the shadow of the Almighty, wherever that turns out to be!
See post 189 “ Sunburn” 5-15-11 (http://when-did-reason-die.blogspot.com /2011/05/sunburn.html).

The amazing part is that I have read the trail map and can see a paper idea of what lies ahead. But what I didn’t see until today is very interesting. In the above passage we see that the Holy Spirit had them make their next camp in the wilderness of Paran.

“OKaaay,”

No, look!

Paran 6290 Pa’ran; from 6286; ornamental; Paran, a desert of Arabia. 6286 pa’ar; a primitive root; to gleam, i.e. (causatively) embellish; figuratively, to boast; also to explain (i.e. make clear) oneself; denominative from 6288, to shake a tree:- beautify, boast self, go over the boughs, glorify, (self) glory, vaunt self.

That’s all I’m going to say on that as I pack my spiritual bags and make ready for the journey when the Spirit of God moves!
* * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.