Saturday, February 19, 2011

Quote of The Day

"Growing numbers of people are less interested in spiritual principles and more desirous of learning pragmatic solutions for life"
- "Wretched" T.V. program
* * *

The scriptures were not written in a way to successfully apply blind obedience to simple rules for success. Rather they must be deeply studied under the influence of the Holy Spirit to understand the heart of God, before successful application can be made.

"...and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls"
James 1:21.

"...as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction"
II Peter 3:15-16.

This does not mean you need somebody smarter than you to teach you what it says, it means it is your job to become learned, and stable, and experience the application of the truth of scripture in your own life.

The passage continues;
"Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own steadfastness" II Peter 3:17.

I lived many years of my Christian life giving God bits of my spare time, and then complaining to him when my life didn't go right. It never crossed my mind that I was not doing my part since I didn't know I had a part.
I had confused my salvation with my "family duties" and thought it was all his responsibility.
Do not fall into this common trap, and then be diligent not to fall back into it after escaping;

"For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning" II Peter 2:20.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.