Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Let the trial begin

post 048

Is our national form of government built on faith, or was it created to be Godless?
I am pleased to have the comment posted by Mr. Indeap regarding my last post.
I would encourage everyone to read it, It is well written and presents a very popular view of the foundational values of our government.
Mr. Indeap's profile indicates that he is a lawyer and so I would love the challenge to debate logically this topic.
Regardless of his, yours, or my personal views, I encourage each of us to remain civil and respectful of each others rights to opinions. I am not a lawyer and have practiced no law, but I like to think logically in the effort to understand what is true. Because this is a blog, I will work hard to reduce my opinion to as concise as possible.
In an effort to give fair and open discussion I am posting this before I begin working up my supporting evidence to my view. I would like to see Mr. Indeap take the time to support his view as well if he so choose.
So to begin, lets make the challenge and argument clear:

We both agree that the law has at least the two fold intent and purpose of keeping the government from giving preference to any particular establishment of religion, and from infringing on the religious rights of the people. We base this agreement primarily on the amendment:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;…”

We are presently debating if the law intended to actually prohibit any religious encroachment into government.
Mr. Indeap believes that; “The Amendment constrains only the government not to promote or otherwise take steps toward establishment of religion.”
And that;
“Efforts to transform our secular government into some form of religion-government partnership should be resisted by every patriot.”

Whereas I contend our founders intended that our government was, and should remain, under the moral constraints of wholesome religion through religious people.
And that in no way should religion be kept out of government.
I will go further and suggest that every patriot should feel it his duty to keep religion and religious values a primary foundation of our government.

If this contention of views is accurately described, I will proceed with my argument in my next post.

* * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.