Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Silence

post 136

I have long wanted, and tried, to at least post an explanation for why I have suddenly stopped posting to my blog, but even the complex explanation is not allowed.

Have you ever wondered about the periods of time between the writings of the prophets?
Take Zechariah for instance;
Chapter 1 starts off, “… in the second year of Darius…”, and the writings and visions progress almost unbroken without specific date stamps until chapter 7 that starts; “And it came to pass in the fourth year of king Darius…”
So what was going on with Zechariah for two years in the meantime?
God does not tell us, other than he had his temporal job to do as we understand it in Ezra 5.

There is much I would like to post regarding the complexities of what God is doing in my life right now, but honestly I am simply not allowed to make it public, though I don’t know why! I think perhaps it is something that must be experienced by each person when you get to that place because until then, an explanation would not be understood and only misapplied.
Even this post has the potential to be misunderstood to think I am professing to be a prophet like Zechariah. Do not make that assumption.
But what I will say is that I do not feel called to be a preacher.
I am not wired to preach the scripture to you from my personal understanding as some are given the gift to do.
For a time, the LORD was powerfully speaking into my soul and I shared what I was hearing, though from your perspective that is no different than preaching.
I understand that, and accept that without argument.

But for me it is very different now though I cannot explain how without some very long chapters which as I stated I have not been allowed to post.
Simply put, what I am getting presently is for me, and my edification alone, not to be shared as before.

I believe there is much more to be shared and I am eagerly waiting for that time, but until I am commissioned by God to do so, my blog remains silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.