Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just Waiting

Post 135

Most Christian readers will agree my posts are "right-on" and the information is accurate...
But they also disagree regarding the sealed doom of America I suggest.
Everyone wants to hope, and find it actually offensive that I would suggest otherwise.

But hope in what?

I have thought hard about this and realize I don’t need to continue preaching the cause of the doom, or even the surety of the doom.
In your heart you are already convinced I am right. You can see it for yourself.

What I am attempting to do now is explain; “what can I do?”
It seems people can see the problem exists, but without a plan of action, what is the point of the knowledge?
Lacking a plan, people turn to empty hope in hope itself.

* * *

I describe this hopless hope as a TV Mentality.
Americans sit in front of that box and while comfortable in their lazy boy, eating popcorn and drinking soda, they watch all forms of the most indescribable horrors.
But other than a safe, emotional connection with the events, they feel no consequence, nor any compunction to ACT. In this setting they are simply observers who have no part in the events they witness. Virtually their only response to what they see is to hope.
This worthless hope is a pitiful reaction but the only real interaction available.
This is why they can eat cold chicken while watching an autopsy on their favorite CSI, or a gory murder in SAW.

There is no connection.

* * *

This is the same mentality that caused the Jews under siege in Jerusalem of 70 AD to throw parties in the homes of those fortunate enough to have homes on the wall.
The view was great as the Roman legions set up camp.
And so they sat in their lazy boys eating popcorn and drinking soda watching their own deaths.
Those same people not long after were literally eating their own children as they died of starvation. *1
Surely they saw the inevitable, so why did they act like this?

Because they simply saw any action taken on their own part as futile.
What can one man do against the Roman Legions?
and worse than that, according to the real eye witness historian Josephus, the Jewish power inside the walls actually created far more harm than the Romans.

* * *

Fire Wood:
I am now out collecting firewood for the winter that is actually coming a bit late.
Why am I doing this?
Do I think that if I store up enough firewood I can keep winter from coming?
Of course not.
Winter is assured.
But if I really hope winter does not come, the only possible result would be a lack of firewood gathered when it comes.

My eye is very earnestly on the arrival of winter.
Not from dread, or from fearful anticipation.
Not even from trying to keep it at bay.
My eye is on winter because it motivates me to prepare for winter.
It encourages me to make a determined ACT to stop with the frivolous summer fun and bring in wood.

So while my neighbors hope winter does not come,
I am accused of being a “gloom-and-doomer” while I collect wood.
They are afraid but hopeful.
I am preparing.

They know winter is coming, but, Hey look! CSI is on!

* * *

The purpose of my blog at this point is to aid you in your preparation.
It is really very hard to see the spiritual reality if you have not been exercising your spirit.
Glenn Beck has been telling you how to prepare physically;
Store food, buy gold, get off the grid, collect fire wood, etc.

I am trying to show you how to prepare spiritually;
Draw close to God.
Cast off your sins.
Grow your spirit.
Fill your mind and heart with scripture.

If you cannot actually see the physical signs that America is going down like the Titanic, How can you ever see the spiritual signs of the national punishment from the creator?

I’m thinking you have some serious preparation in both realms to be making!
You aint got time for CSI anymore.

If you are a believer, and are sitting around in confidence waiting for the rapture, I have bad news for you too.
The rapture is to remove believers from experiencing God's wrath on the un-recoverable wickedness of mankind.
Not to avoid God's punishment for bad conduct.
America is in the boat that she is, because Christians have failed our job to fight against wickedness as it encroaches on our land.
The punishment of America lies at our feet, and the rapture will not spare us from the consequences.

“As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, so they must be in this. By an inevitable chain of causes and effects, Providence punishes national sins by national calamities.” - George Mason: father of the Bill of Rights.
Speech on the floor of the Constitutional Convention

“I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.” - Thomas Jefferson America’s 3rd President (1801-09). Author of the Declaration of Independence.

Just waiting around to watch it happen is further sin.


* * * * * * *

*1 The Wars of the Jews - Book 5 Chapter 10, Chapter 12.3, Book 6 Chapter 3.3-4
This history is important reading to understand the lengths to which evil men in power will destroy even themselves for no sane reason or purpose,
As well as to understand the extent of genuine miseries that fall upon those whom God rejects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.