Friday, October 29, 2010

3am

post 110

It is 3 am and I am lying awake thinking.
And it comes clear to me that I am metaphorically standing around in a big empty concert hall with the lights off.
The band has gone home.
And as I reflect on the recent incredible events, I realize that God had said what he purposed to say, and I got it. Then out of the shameless “clinginess” of an enthralled fan, I kept God longer than he intended.
But there comes a point when the equipment is packed and the buss is loaded, that even a back stage pass must fall useless to the floor when the orchestra has left the hall.

I am now left to collect my interview notes and complete my writing of all that I have gleaned from this time with the LORD. And to be honest, I really needed the bathroom break!

As I leave the hall humming the beautiful melodies of the concert so recently played, the walls nearly retain the tunes so powerfully played only moments ago.

They are these echoes which I purpose to scribble down before they slip away, yet I have a strong sense of release from the intensity of the interview with GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.