Monday, October 18, 2010

Cleanup

post 094

There are a few loose ends from my last two posts that I feel need to be cleaned up before moving on.

First: Why did I not remove my post declaring that God told me he was going to destroy America on November 2nd (Election day)

Frankly there are two main reasons;

1) I have virtually no desire to be a guru, or a leader, or some holy man people follow. I see myself as a researcher, not a pastor or prophet.
Posting such a thing, and then publicly exposing my own doubts about it, shows the world I am just a guy traveling though life looking at reality and trying to put the pieces I have into the puzzle.

2) At the time I posted it, I was fully convinced that what I heard was from the LORD.
I know this sound a bit on the whacko-religious-guy-who-lost-touch-with-reality side of the boat, and believe me, I think I am sitting on your side of the boat looking over at that guy too, realizing it is me over there!

So I let the post remain. Then I explained the post. Then I began to doubt the post.
Why?
Because right after I posted it, the heavens went silent.
Now for those of you who are not actually familiar and comfortable with God talking to you through your day, there is no way to convince you not to throw me overboard!
But before you do, give me one last sentence;

Up to that one unverifiable post. Has my blog not been reasonable, and documented, and understandable, and systematical, and telling a very interesting big picture story that actually makes sense of the world events we see?

So here is the deal.
Sane Christians are well aware that all thoughts, opinions, interpretations or prophecies MUST be verified by both Scripture and other prophets to be valid.*1

I have already stated that Scripture is the only reliable source of truth.
In fact the Scriptures tell us that even if an angel from heaven told you something, it must be verified by scripture.*2

Ok, so for a week I was getting a flood of some really incredible insights then finding the verification in scripture to post.
I felt strongly that this upcoming vote was a pivotal event and because of the short timeframe chose to post it immediately rather than wait to explore it. I honestly don’t know if that was the right thing to do. And here is why;

Because right after I posted it, the heavens went quiet.
And in researching the topic, I could not find any scriptural precedent or prophecy to support my date. In fact some slight possible indications of the opposite.*3 This bothers me greatly.

But.

What if the LORD was indeed planning on destroying America in now 10 days?
The scriptures tell us God will do nothing except he tell his prophets first.*4
Believe me, I am making no claim to that allusion.
Yet even though Daniel did not call himself a prophet, Jesus did. Matthew 24:15
Why?
Simply because he was reading his scripture, fully submitted to following God, and available.
I sorta fit into that category.
So just perhaps, maybe, just maybe I actually did hear from God who has told me his intentions… Maybe.
So why then did the heavens go silent leaving me to my own thoughts, wondering what just happened?
Maybe I heard wrong and turned God off, so he quit talking.
But this does not fit the scenario of events as I understand them.

But maybe, because I posted what I was supposed to, and so finished my job for the moment, heaven let me get back to bringing in firewood before winter.
Of course I would only do that now, if heaven quit talking. *5
Which it apparently has.
So now, right after this, I’m heading out to work.

* * *
So what do we do now?

If you think the answer is to sit around and wait to see if I was right or wrong,
You too are missing God’s point of everything I have been posting over the last year+
Would God have spared Nineveh if they had just waited to see if Jonah was right?

This is the attitude of Babylon at its fall. While their city was besieged they threw a party because they had confidence in their walls and gate.*6
“Our city simply cannot fall” was the casual unconcerned thought… though the enemy was right outside working at getting in!

The point of this is not the specific day.
The point is the REASON for the destruction.
Clearly the reason is a false confidence in an obviously failed system just as people who refused to believe the unsinkable Titanic was going down.

Is America guaranteed to fall?
Yes… but only because of her unrepentant heart.
The answer COULD be “No”, if as a nation we would see the real problem for what it is.

IF Americans like you, would actually see the signs of our actual destruction, fear might cause you to seriously turn to God and cry for help. *7
But the masses like you can’t seem to pull yourself away from the dance party on the decks to soil your pretty shoes by going down into the hold like Kate Winslet to see for yourself the water filling the halls. You would make a lousy actress!

I’m down here.
I see the hole.
I see the water.
And I hollerd; “We now got 10 more days and shes a goinna sink!”
So you pause your dancing, look at the clear sky and calm seas, check your watch, and shrug before you begin dancing again because you think we probably have more than 10 days.

But leaving the picture analogy, you argue; “look at all the great progress we are making in the tea parties, and honorable people running for office, and good people preparing to vote!”

Yes, we are truly fortifying our brass gates against the enemy…
Great job people.

Uh, what about this dry riverbed over here, and the huge hole it left under the wall?
Oh never mind, I forgot the whole Separation of Church and State thing.
My bad.

10 days?
Maybe not.
But does it really matter?


* * * * * * *

*1 “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” II Peter 1:20-21

“The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.”
In this prophecy we have many sources of verification.
Source: from God.
Confirmation: an angel
Validation: the word of God
Further validation: the testimony of Jesus himself.

*2 “But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.” Galatians 1:8-9
Further reading of this passage exposes that Paul received his message from the “Revelation of Jesus Christ” (v.12) and called him specifically by God’s grace, (v.15) and by diligent personal study (v.17) and verified by Peter (v.18)

*3 “And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sing of Jonas the prophet.” Luke 11:29

*4 “Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secrete unto his servants the prophets. The lion hath roared, who will not fear? The Lord GOD hath spoken, who can but prophesy?” Amos 3:7-8

*5 A prolific concept in scripture; The Holy Spirit moves on men as He will, discontinuing direct communication at His pleasure. Old and New Testament.
I kings 17:2, 22:14, II Kings 6:17, Acts 2:4, 10:44, 11:15, 16:7, 21:11 etc.etc. etc.

*6 “Belshazzar the king made a great feast… and drank wine…They dank wine… In that night was Belshazzar slain.” Daniel 5
“…Baltasar, against him did Cyrus, the king of Persia, and Darius, the king of Media, make war; and when he was besieged in Babylon,…” - Josephus “The Antiquities of the Jews” page 338
“Now after a little while, both himself and the city were taken by Cyrus, the king of Persia, who fought against him…”
“When Babylon was taken by Darius, and when he, with his kinsman Cyrus, had put an end to the dominion of the Babylonians…” - Josephus “The Antiquities of the Jews” page 339

*7 “The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom…” Psalm 111:10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.