Saturday, October 16, 2010

Your Doing What?

post 092

Have you ever had a friend drop by while you are working on an important project and he wants to talk?
You keep working because it is important that you get it done, but he keeps talking.
You listen while you work, but what he says is so interesting you find yourself distracted from your work, and you are tore between wanting to hear him, and thinking to yourself; “common can’t you see I’m trying to work here?”
But he keeps talking.

All week I have been out bringing in fire wood for my winter’s heat.
I am really low and am behind the season. I will need to push hard if I am going to get in enough before deep snow hits, but all week the LORD has been speaking very clearly to me while I am trying to do it.
What he has been saying is so urgent that I literally put down my saw, or turn off the splitter, and go into my office to write down what he is saying. Some of it I post on my blog. And only some because I know you would stop reading if there were 5 a day.

This morning I thought I had posted the message for the day, and I went out to cut more wood.
And the LORD was there talking in my ear.
I am ashamed to say, but in my conflict of needing firewood for the winter, or spending that time writing a blog, I mentally blurted out; “But I am collecting fire wood!”
And he came right back with; “I am going to destroy America in 17 days and you are collecting fire wood?”
Needless to say, I got the message.

How can I be sure I heard right?
How do I know I am not one among the list of religious whackos before me?
I asked the LORD this question.
What follows is the answer I came up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.