Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hocus Pocus

And other misunderstood concepts
post 098

Why do we so quickly and easily misunderstand concepts?
I marvel at my own ability to get confused, so this is not an attack on anyone!
But I say; I heard from God and his message is that he intends to destroy America on Nov 2, and suddenly I am tossed from the boat, and I tend to help!

Am I figuratively waving my hands in the air with my magic wand chanting Hocus Pocus?

It is sure easy to get that impression!
Heck it was easy for me to loose sight of it myself!
This is because for some reason we tend to push away at stuff we don’t understand.
Let me explain.

I love a good magic show.
David Copperfield, David Blaine, Chris Angel, all are very, very good at what they do.
But what do they do?
Are they magic?
No.
Do they think they are magic?
No. (though I don’t know their views personally)
So what is going on?

These men are using the forces of nature in a creative way to cause us to “see” what we perceive to be a direct violation of nature. This is illusion not magic.

Can Chris Angel fly... yes? or no?
But I have seen him do it!
Still I know he cannot fly.
I therefore know that what I saw was not everything I needed to see to come to true understanding of what I saw!

Ok, this is the general principle of illusion masquerading as magic.
“Hocus Pocus” is the declaration that what you saw is a true breach of the laws of nature.
Instinctively we know that such a declaration is a scam at least 90% of the time.
(ya gotta leave room for the "what the heck?! factor)

* * *

My blog has been very clear and consistent to show that the true faith in God, the faith our Forefathers held, is not Hocus Pocus, but simply elements of reality that we do not fully understand but that we have seen to be validated and accept as true.

If I say I talked to my mother last night. You shrug and think, “So? Why tell me?”
You know that I live in remote Alaska, and my mother lives a few thousand miles away, but still, it is not worthy of a second thought.
Why?
Because you understand by observation the technology available for me to do that.
But do you know exactly how that technology works?
Nnnnnoooo not exactly, but who really cares? It works.
Is this Hocus Pocus?
Hardly.
Yet I have seen the street magician try to show a card trick to village people in Africa, and they wanted nothing to do with him or his trick.
Why?
Clearly they were very afraid of his magic. I am convinced that the performer had no real concept of how he came across to them.
These people actually believe in Hocus Pocus, and it scares them deeply.
You understand technology and have faith in it, even if you don't fully understand it.
I understand the principles of God and have faith in him, even though I don't fully under stand it.

I am declaring your bold faith in technology is offensive to God because of your refusal to have faith in Him. In your eyes technology trumps God.
Why is mine not a rational conclusion?

* * *

When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, did he use Hocus Pocus?
No. He used a freak event of nature.*1
Sure God is real, and we know that because he foretold the event. Clearly, being God the Maker of reality, He used nature to do his work, but the event was seen as natural.

My blog has made this concept very clear.
But I declare God intends to destroy America on the day of the vote, and you suddenly assume I mean his giant thumb will come out of the sky and obliterate America.
How can I be more clear?

The scriptures are clear, our success or doom in life is in our own hands.
If the 80% proclaimed Christians in this nation do not get out and vote Christian, the Dark Enemy Satan will register his claim as legitimate, THROUGH OUR VOTE.
This is the forward, consistent direction of the Progressives, and they have been making regular forward advancement for some time. simple logic.

But if we choose to awaken as a nation (and there is good sign that we are) we can choose right, and stem the tide.
But does that end the siege against our kingdom as it were?
No.
The question then becomes how do we bring water back into our kingdom after the enemy has dried up our river?
One good well timed rainstorm can destroy all the work the enemy has done to dam the river! One perfectly sized chunk of ice can mysteriously drift right into the hole in the Titanic and plug the leak.
Is this Hocus Pocus?
Only if you do not actually believe in God!

Chris Angel does not do magic, and neither does God, but they both know some things about nature that you don’t know… God just knows more!
“In the world of God, the miraculous isn’t.”

“…It is nothing with thee to help, whether with many, or with them that have no power: help us, O LORD our God; for we rest on thee, and in thy name we go against this multitude. O LORD, thou art our God; let not man prevail against thee.” II Chronicles 14:11

The question is then; Do you REALLY believe in God?

* * * * * * *

*1 Geneses 13:10, 18:20-21, 19:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.