Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Selena Gomez's God

post 116


I recently was acquainted with a song by a new young singer named Selena Gomez. It was actually quite good and so I did a simple search on her.
She has apparently been involved with Disney from a very young age, and is now the star on a daily TV sitcom centered on wizardry as the plot base.
Cute and harmless.

Perhaps.

So I found some videos and interviews she has done. She is without a doubt quite talented, attractive and has a wonderful personality. It is actually quite refreshing to see a young star that seems to have a genuine personality and over all bright, level mind.

At such an early age her recent video truly rivals all the aspects of perfection characterized by Shania Twain, and if she manages to avoid the cataclysmic destruction of Brittney Spears, she should be able to reach incredible heights.

I found her recent CD with the same name as the song title that began my interest. In the jacket cover I found her SPECIAL THANKS TO section and was quite interested to read her very first thanks was to:

“MY LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. I WOULD NOT BE HERE WITHOUT HIM…” (all caps in the original).

It is easy for me to imagine that her parents raised her with this faith and that the early application of those principles are most probably a significant influence to her pleasing and grounded presentation in her interviews.

But then I found the lyrics to one of her songs on the same CD:

“Rock God:
Preacher man walked into the club and he said - he said, ‘Hey girl, can’t you walk and not stray?’ - Father I’m torn and I’m selling my soul - to the rhythm, the beat and the bass. -- ‘Cuz I can’t confess my rock and roll ways - ‘cuz I’m so possessed with the music - the music he plays. -- I can’t stop my feet from dancing to the sound of his drum - Oh, No - I fell in love with my rock god - I can’t keep my hips from swaying to his sweet melody - you see I fell in love - with my rock - rock god. -- Preacher man took my hand and looked in my eyes - he said, ‘Hey girl, can’t you live your life right?’ - Father, things aren’t always so black and white - Don’t cast the first stone ‘cuz I’m not alone. -- And it’s not like I’m hurtin’ anyone - but I can’t confess my rock - my rock and roll ways. -- No, I wouldn’t change a thing even if I could - ‘cuz I chose a path and I’m not looking back - and I’m sorry if I left the angels cryin’ over me. -- Preacher man, Preacher man - Preacher man, Preacher man - Preacher man, Preacher man - Preacher man, Preacher man, -- ‘Cuz I’m gone, gone, gone.”

Is this too, Cute and harmless?
I suggest it is not.

Perhaps her excuse is that it is just a song. She didn't mean anything by it.
Perhaps her Special Thanks to a long list of people for all their hard work is just cute and harmless too. Perhaps she really didn’t mean that either.
If so, how do you suppose all those people would be hurt to realize she was just mocking them by saying thanks? She really didn’t mean anything by it.
Perhaps her thanks to her LORD AND SAVIOR is just cute and harmless too.
She really didn’t mean anything by it.

You see, we are who we choose to be.

Even actresses and singers choose to perform what they do.
Influenced? You bet. But it is still their choice to say yes or no, and the choices they make are real choices with real accountability, and cause-and-effect results, just like you.

So if she is genuine when she says that Jesus is really her LORD AND SAVIOR, that implies that she believes he is real.
So what does she actually think her real LORD AND SAVIOR thinks about her playing a wizard and singing songs that scream; “I have with knowledge chosen a path in opposition to you my LORD.”?

Is this all really just Cute and harmless?
I would suggest a serious seeking of her LORD to find out!
If my heart breaks for the pending spiritual trainwreck resulting from the poor choices of a girl I do not know, what about the heart of Him who died to save her?

"For what profit is there, if a man gain the whole world and loose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" Matthew 16:26.

How about you?
Do you find yourself also confused as to what is real and what is just cute and harmless in your life?
Please read my previous post to help you analyze that.
* * *

Regarding her Rock God:
Ezekiel 28 is God's accusation and declaration of judgment upon the one who was created to produce music; Lucifer, alias: The Rock God:

"...The workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou was created....Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned..."
Ezekiel 28:13b,16.

Violence: Original Hebrew word 2555 means: by implication, wrong; unjust gain.
Oh the pull from the multitude of corrupt merchandise in the industry!
Where are those who would protect her rather than exploit her in her youth and her trust?

Regarding the glorification of wizards:

"Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God" Leviticus 19:31.

"And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God" Leviticus 20:6-7, (i.e. her LORD AND SAVIOR).

"There shall not be found among you any one that...useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee" Deuteronomy 18:10-12.

"...if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" Isaiah 8:19-20 (also II Kings 21:6, 23:24).

Because she is a child of God, the god of the industry will not allow her to simply play unharmed in his realm. If she were not God's child, Satan would not need to destroy her utterly, but because he hates God he also hates her. It is for this reason that she of all people is given the roll to success as a wizard. Satan is buying her a little at a time.
If she walked ever so carefully and had very strong counselors of God, she might be able to reach some success in the industry and not be destroyed, but the cards are all stacked against her and from songs such at Rock God, she does not look to be taking the path that leads to life.
If she finds the great success she is capable of in the industry, it will be at the cost of her soul.
This is the bargain offered by her Rock God.
* * * * * * *

1 comment:

  1. I understood where you were going with the song, I could see your point, then when you moved into her acting role as a wizard, I was thinking, it's just a pretend part, it doesn't mean she believes in the character as real. then darn it, you got me when you say "Because she is a child of God, the god of the industry will not allow her to simply play unharmed in his realm." and "Satan is buying her a little at a time." she is fast on her way by allowing the industry to guide her in the direction of eventual corruption.

    ReplyDelete

Vile concepts and profanity in comments will not be posted.